Engineer – Backend
Micah Group is looking to add an Engineer to its growing and dynamic team. You must have a passion for technology and be comfortable working with high-performing knowledge teams.
Why Micah Group
Founded in 2017, Micah Group is a financial technology firm based in Minneapolis. Its artificial intelligence-based technology drastically streamlines complex lending processes, enabling banks to better serve the small businesses that strengthen communities.
You will have an exciting opportunity to influence and help bring Micah platform into the future with cutting-edge technologies like AI, ML, NLP, Neural Networks, and creating / integrating to key Data Sources.
Make a tangible difference within a rapidly growing company that values: Open and collaborative communication, being authentic and humble, a passion for learning, and making smart, and informed decisions to make Micah the best product.
- 3 – 5+ years of experience designing and delivering production-quality code for backend systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable training
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented programming principles
- Experience with Python and Django
- Experience with either Java or Kotlin
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, containerization
- Familiarity with open source software and tools (e.g. Spring, Apache, Tomcat, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design
more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Key-value storage Redis
- Google DNS
- Google Vision OCR
- CI Jenkins
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools like Jira, Confluence
- Proven experience delivering software using an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience using K8s/Helm
- Experience in Banking/Finance and Compliance Industry
- Portfolio of code related to AI/ML/NLP, especially in Banking and Finance Industries
- Extensive experience with Microservices, Banking APIs / Core Banking and Integrations
Micah Group is an equal opportunity employer
Micah Group believes in diversity and inclusion within the workplace. We welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law.